Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wandering Path


On top of the earth
where green touches the hills ~
in spring, in summer, with daffodils,
with dandelions scattered through untilled fields,
with waterfalls and ferny fronds
companioning winding creeks; and
grassy knolls surrounding sunlit ponds...

That is where my heart thrives ~
among dahlias, lilacs, and rosy thorns
scenting life with fragrant morns,
and gentle nights of rounded moons,
inhaling reminiscent blooms
of many lost, yet, joyful Junes...

Warming seasons created to
make lips smile, hearts leap,
feet dance to earthy song;
and earth's turning, ever-moving
old winter right along...

'Til spring emerges, and summer follows
into every nook, into every hollow,
with greening leaf and budding flower
bestowed by Mother Nature's power..

An overwhelming gift of rarest beauty,
a rejuvenation, a resurrection of life ~
when earth renews, when earth revives...
Yes, that is when my heart truly thrives.
~ Hazelmarie Elliott

14 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful picture... Were you standing on a covered bridge??? That's what it looks like.... NEAT!!!

Great poem also.....Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

donna baker said...

Jo, I needed that good read. It has been blisteringly hot here; I can scarcely go out to water in the evening. Oh well, I'm off to paint a wild plum. Hope you are spending time like in the poem.

L. D. said...

I appreciate you sharing such wonderful writings. Your photo of the river is so great. Nature and plants too are where I really choose to thrive.

Jill of All Trades said...

Peaceful

Patsy said...

Makes me wish I could put my feet in the water, lovely place.
Patsy

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hello Jo, such beautiful words and a beautiful photo as well. I hope you've been able to get out and enjoy your garden...it's still hot here in Kansas but at least the humidity has gone down and there doesn't seem to be as many mosquitoes at the moment. The poor garden needs to be watered twice a day...here's hoping the well doesn't dry up! Have a wonderful day....Maura :)

MadSnapper said...

God's creation is indeed and overwhelming gift to us and it does make my feet dance and my heart sing

Betsy Brock said...

What a beautiful poem! I feel stuck in my house with the AC this summer! I wish it would cool off a bit so I could enjoy the porch swing!

Pam said...

Inspiring poem and beautiful photo as usual! Love that creek!

Barbara Anne said...

Enchanting photo and poem! Yes, all of nature and the gifts of seasons feed my soul.

Thank you!

Hugs!!

George said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful poem and great picture.

John said...

Nice picture, and a wonderfully vivid poem to go along with it. I'm glad to know that someone raised in the UK is enjoying the American South.

BT said...

Super poem and a lovely, cool photo. We've had plenty of rain and none of the heatwave!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a member of ATAA /thats how i got your fantastic blog. I cant tell you how much I have enjoyed looking at your blog. The pictures are sensational and the poems/comments are also beautiful. You are VERY talented.
Being from England myself,I have to admit that I end up with tears trickling down my face every time i watch and see all those familar pictures. I even thought that watching/reading in the morning (like now ) rather than evening, that i would be resilent,, but here I am again happily wiping away the tears.
I hope you keep on keeping on entertaining us. Thanks.
Jackie from KS.