Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Love........

Tom T. Hall is a poet with a guitar, who knows how to capture the spirit of America with his words and music.
--Jimmy Carter

Known as Nashville's Storyteller, Tom T. Hall (born May 25, 1936 in Olive Hill, Kentucky) is an American country balladeer, songwriter, and country singer. He has written 11 #1 hit songs, with 26 more that reached the Top 10, including the pop crossover hit "I Love", which reached #12 on the Billboard Hot 100.

On February 12th, 2008, Hall was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame .

For those of us that love the simpler things in life, this video speaks volumes.......Hope you enjoy.

( Be sure to scroll down on the rightside of the sidebar and stop the Realplayer music by clicking the large button)


Video credit: webwriter3000

6 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Jo, I have always liked that song... I guess it's because I do love the simple things in life...

Thanks!
Hugs,
Betsy

Sharon Rose said...

Jo, thank you for posting Tom T. Hall! The talent he has for painting a picture when he sings of everyday life is lovely!

That sweet little puppy looks like my Daisy when she was a little pup!

Thanks again,
Sharon

Carol Murdock said...

He and wife Dixie are also huge advocates for animals. Somewhere I have a picture of him holding my daughter Melanie when she was about 4 years old.That song is one of my all time favorites Jo!

George said...

I've always enjoyed Tom T. Hall's music. Thanks for the wonderful video.

Unknown said...

Well let me tell you a story! Tom T. Hall lived in my town and got his music career started here in Connersville Indiana. Apparently after the service he came to Connersville to look up an old buddy from the service. He moved in with the Mitchell family and he and his buddy started playing in night clubs in our area. Later, when he became famous he wrote a song called, "Thank you Connersville Indiana" My parents listened to his songs all the time. I can honestly say I grew up on his music. (You can google that song title to read the lyrics.)
Thanks for sharing this video. It brought back some good memories.

cheshire wife said...

I had not heard of Tom T. Hall before but could get to like him.