Sunday, December 10, 2023

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

A windy and wet start to our day, the perfect opportunity to finish up the last of the decorating, and spend the day list-ticking.

As you may have seen in the news, our Middle Tennessee area was the casualty of several devastating tornadoes last night, thankfully, none within ten miles, but nevertheless, lives were lost and towns were destroyed.
Our prayers go out to those who are affected.

I'm counting my blessings twice.


 

 


 
Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat
Please put a penny in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!



~ Tradition English nursery rhyme





 
 
 
 

9 comments:

local alien said...

I haven't heard that nursery rhyme in years. It was one my father used to say.
Glad you're safe. We put our tree up today but decorating it will continue for a few days.
Hope the weather is brighter for xmas

Rian said...

So sorry to hear about the tornados, but glad you are safe. I've yet to try the orange slices, but they're still on my 'to do' list.

Sandi said...

I had heard about it. A friend's daughter lives in Nashville. Glad to hear you are okay.

Jon said...

What gorgeous decorations!! They are truly a feast for the eyes. We had foul weather in my area of TN, too. A severe storm and a tornado watch. I just stayed in bed and counted my blessings. There was little damage here. Glad you are safe.

Heritage Hall said...

What a beautiful tableau of the Season.... picture-perfect.
We had heavy rains and some wind, but mourn the devastation and loss of our neighbors not so fortunate. Hoping we can make a difference in the recovery.
Continued prayers.

L. D. said...

Your decorations are always so wonderful. I really enjoy them and spend lots of time viewing them. I was concerned about your tornadoes also. I have close friends now living in Knoxville.

pelinpembesi said...

ı LOVE your blog, hugs from Turkey!

Belinda said...

I'm so glad you all were sparred from the tornadoes and pray for those who have lost loved ones. It's raining here today too and it's chilly, so I'm snuggled up in warm clothes and a blanket. Your home is beautifully decorated for Christmas.

Helen said...

I just love all your Christmas decor.