Saturday, December 2, 2023

Brown Paper Packages, Tied Up With String

Today I braved the masses and finished up my Christmas shopping, at least I think so.

I've still to do the final list-checking, but for once I've gotten ahead of the game, and wrapped all of the gifts.
I'm usually a Christmas-Eve wrapper, in panic mode no less.
My daughter used to help me wrap all of the gifts, but since she has her own family to take care of, I'm left to my own devices.



 
Tonight I'm taking a little time to relax.
With the winter moon high in the sky, and  the landscape covered in a rain-filled mist, I'm treating myself to an evening hearthside .
Twinkling trees, candles glowing, a lovely pot of tea and Christmas shortbread,  I'm settling in for a date with Dylan Thomas, the popular and much-loved Welsh poet.



 

A Child's Christmas in Wales film, a timeless tale, delivers with gentleness a glimpse of a child's Welsh Christmas and takes you on a journey back to the magic and marvel of boyhood " where no two moments were ever alike, and life was embraced with belief instead of doubt ."
Purely magical !
 


7 comments:

local alien said...

Love your Christmas images. Enjoy your tea and shortbread by the fire. I've never read Dylan Thomas. I should. And now I must! Merry Xmas

Jon said...

I never fail to be delighted with your creativity. Everything is beautiful and uplifting. Having your Christmas gifts wrapped by early December is an amazing feat. I'll have a cup of tea!

Heritage Hall said...

Oh that those beautiful "packages" will be torn apart to reach their contents.. so glad they were fixed in time beforehand in your photos. We
kindred spirits all seem to listen to the same drummer....tea, hearthside,
shortbread, and perhaps Dylan.... ah bliss....

Rian said...

Our Christmas shopping is mostly done... but have to admit, we don't do a lot of it. Kids get Christmas goody packages, grandkids get gifts (most done online these days). And we use Christmas bags instead of wrapping paper - just easier.
And we've watched 'A Child's Christmas in Wales' and enjoyed it. Hope you have a lovely quiet Christmassy evening, Jo!

Anonymous said...


We moved to North Wales from Scotland ten years ago and found the Welsh to be a lovely, kind and welcoming people.It helps that my husband is a good singer! Doesn't stop us being homesick now and again though. Thank you for your thoughtful blog,love it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful pictures.
I have bought a few presents but not wrapped any yet!

Christmas Cards have been written and posted though :)

Wishing you a happy month of December.

All the best Jan

Bernideen said...

Those packages look lovely!