Saturday, December 1, 2012

Through Bare Trees.

 
 
"Through bare trees
I can see all the rickety lean-tos
and sheds, and the outhouse
with the half-moon on the door,
once modestly covered in
summer's greenery.

Through bare trees
I can watch the hawk
perched on a distant branch,
black silhouetted wings
shaking feathers and snow,
and so can its prey.

Through bare trees
I can be winter's innocence,
unashamed needfulness,
the thin and reaching limbs of a beggar,
longing to touch
but the hem of the sun."-

~ Lisa Lindsey, Bare Trees

9 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely Jo! Happy weekend to you.

Christine said...

What a beautiful shot Jo! I wouldn't mind wandering along that path.

Nellie said...

When we were out earlier, my husband just commented on how much more development is visible when the trees are losing their leaves. This poem really captures that.

Enjoy the rest of your week-end.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A lovely verse and a reminder of the beauty you can see without the leaves.

I hope you're doing well, and I hope you enjoy your weekend!

rusty duck said...

I'm noticing how much lighter it is in the wood, now that the leaves have fallen. I wonder if I'll be able to see the owl that I've heard calling. There are fewer places for him to hide!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Your blog is always such a lovely respite. I'm sorry I don't comment more often . . .

Susie said...

Jo, I love your pictures. The header is so nice , I have always liked it. Hope you had a nice weekend. I just now came in from sitting out on the porch. I want to drink in all the beautiful days. xoxo, Susie

Stella Jones said...

That's a lovely poem Jo. Thank you for sharing it with us. Isn't it amazing what comes to light when the trees go bare for the winter!

helen tilston said...

I love the poem and it must be wonderful to walk through the woods in Autumn

Helenx