Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Patience Is A Virtue

I tried having a little talk with the Perennials earlier in the month, when the sun was shining, and temperatures soared to a balmy eighty degrees.
"Keep your heads below ground for just a little while longer my pretties, Mother Nature is playing a trick "
Did they listen.......No, and when the buds started popping out all over, I got Spring fever, and followed suit by planting the annuals too.

Now we are under a frost warning for the next two nights, it's taken the better part of two hours, covering plants with bed sheets, and newspapers, buckets, and bushel baskets.
All to be uncovered in the morning, and re-covered tomorrow evening.
The entire garden looks like a makeshift landfill.
Will I ever learn.














11 comments:

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Its very nice of you to put some blankies on all the flowers so their noses don't get frost bit.
Mother Nature still has surprises for us- everyday.
Your a good " flower momma"
love
tweedles

Christine said...

Such beautiful flowers Jo! I'm glad you take such care with them.

Linda said...

A lovely blog. Breathtaking photos. Thank you for sharing...greetings from Montreal, Canada.

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

We are struggling here too! Crazy weather! Your flowers are gorgeous, more blooming than we have! There aren't enough quilts in the county to cover all the lilac bushes, so we had to give up on that! Hang tight, summer's coming!

helen said...

What a colorful place.

Patsy said...

We are cool over here in Arkansas but no frost it just missed us. We need rain bad that has been missing us to.

Doc said...

Oh well we do what we have to in the name of good gardening. They all look wonderful

Susie said...

Brrr Jo, it's chilly here also. The past 3 days. I have covered a couple pots of plants ....just praying everything popping up will make it.. Good luck with your flowers. Smiles, xo, Susie

La Maison des Plaines said...

Evening! Jo,

The weather is a bit unpredictable these days.We have a cold front moving in here...brrrr! It is worth covering the flowers & plants in the event of any frost. Your are doing a great job. Your flowers are just beautiful!

Are the blue flowers climbing on the trellis Clematis? Love them!

Thanks! for sharing.

Have a sunny week!

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Oh Jo that's such a shame. Spring is early here too in our part of Kansas but so far we haven't had a frost. It got down to 36 one night but that was it. I'm so glad that the lilacs got to bloom without frost...I was really worried about that. At least I can cover the plants in the garden with sheets but if I had to cover both lilac groves I wouldn't have had enough! I hope your weather warms soon...ours too.
Maura :)

L. D. said...

Of course your season is way ahead of us. I love the clematis. Mine has buds on it and I hope it stays good for taking photos. The spiderwort is nice too.