Monday, October 17, 2011

Autumn Splendor

We've been experiencing beautiful Autumn weather these past few days, highs in the 80's with low-humidity, it makes for perfect outside chore-doing, or just plain rambling-about weather.

All around town people are decorating with Fall colors, pumpkins, gourds, and pots of colorful chrysanthemums, and down on Main Street Oktoberfest is being celebrated.
It's such a pleasant time of the year ~



"I am rich today with autumn's gold,
All that my covetous hands can hold;
Frost-painted leaves and goldenrod,
A goldfinch on a milkweed pod,
Huge golden pumpkins in the field
With heaps of corn from a bounteous yield,
Golden apples heavy on the trees
Rivaling those of Hesperides,
Golden rays of balmy sunshine spread
Over all like butter on warm bread;
And the harvest moon will this night unfold
The streams running full of molten gold.
Oh, who could find a dearth of bliss
With autumn glory such as this!"



~ Gladys Harp

14 comments:

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Beautiful motive and poem !

cathy@home said...

Beautiful post

Deb said...

Such a beautiful photo. "Happy October"

Carol Murdock said...

Jo..your photos always make me feel warm & cozy! I love fall, it just gives me so much energy! XO

DJan said...

When the weather is crisp and cool, it's perfect. I wouldn't call the 80s "cool" exactly, but to each her own! Lovely picture and poem.

Country Gal said...

Love the fall reath. It is the same here people have decorated their porches and the front of their farms with all that of fall. Fall Fairs have been going on all around , cratf shows, and penny sales , I love this time of year. Wonderful post. Have a great day !

MadSnapper said...

beautiful wreath and i love that door

Sharon said...

Good Morning, Jo! It's going to be a warm one today, I am so hoping 'they' are wrong about tomorrow! We did have a lovely night last night, eh?

George said...

I really like your autumn wreath. We have a couple on the front of our house, but they are not as pretty as this. We had fabulous weather this weekend on the plateau and in the mountains.

YONKS said...

Beautiful! I love when the autumn decoration comes out.
Di
x

Unknown said...

Wonderful poem. Beautiful wreath and door.

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, what a gorgeous wreath! :)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh we love the photo of the wreath,, and we love fall
love
tweedles

jerilanders said...

The red berries against the blue door, wonderful! I want that door.
I was so excited to see that I have a huge pumpkin growing in my garden, usually, I have to purchase them in the grocers, but this time, I HAVE MY OWN HOME GROWN PUMPKIN!