Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Friendships



I've been spending time catching up on long-overdue visits with friends.
You know how it is, we all seem to get caught up in the everyday comings and goings of life, and before you realize it,  half the year has passed.
There have been wedding showers, and baby showers, school graduations and birthday celebrations, lots of reasons for get-togethers and endless hours of tea-drinking and giggling.
 
I've met new friends, and forged new relationships, but there is something to be treasured about the ease of spending time with an old friend.
Of being in the company of someone who knows you inside and out, and you them, in the way that just seems to happen, when months turn into years, and years turn into a lifetime.
 
It’s like a massage for the soul. You have no idea how much tension you’re carrying around until you’re in an environment so comfortable that it all drains away.


6 comments:

DJan said...

I so agree, Jo. And I hope I will be one of those interesting ladies one day. :-)

Susan Freeman said...

It's good to spend a few minutes with you my dear old friend! Have a happy Wednesday!!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Susie said...

Jo, Old friend are true treasures. I have many friends, but not close friends like my dearest who passed away 3 years ago this coming May. I had know her since jr.high school. Blessings to you dear Jo. Hope we have some beautiful spring weather soon. xoxo,Susie

Henny Penny said...

Oh, so true. I was just reading some friendship quotes this morning from a beautiful address book, a gift from a special friend a few years ago.

Nellie said...

I spent time with friends from former times today! Nothing better! So good that you've been able to spend time with your friends.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Friends are wonderful. and old friends are the best.. I have a lot of old stuffies that I love the most.
Mommy and me love the old photo
love
tweedles