Sunday, October 25, 2009

Teapot Folly...

I'm not alone, when I say "I love teapots".
I've never met a teapot, I didn't like.
All shapes and sizes, earthenware, and fine bone china.

Some of my favorite teapots are considered collectors' teapots, "themed" from English landmarks, and famous characters. They are James Sadler teapots, and can be quite whimsical in nature.

James Sadler was founded in 1882, and is one of the leading manufacturers of teapots in the UK. It began with James Sadler, who built a factory in Burslem at the heart of the ceramic industry in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England. He went on to make a name for himself by making fine earthenware teapots.

I'm always on the look-out for a new teapot to add to the collection.

8 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

I love teapots! I've got a crazy-quilt collection of my own, no "theme" and probably only one has any value at all, but I love them.

In fact, I think I'll put them in my blog post today. You have inspired me!
Cass

Unknown said...

Lovely. I used to collect antique teapots; they now reside in the homes of my two daughters.

DJan said...

My favorite teapots are the beautiful flowered ones with elegant handles. These are fun, though. I'm not surprised that a Brit enjoys teapots!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I can't have too many tea pots and I love the Sadler ones as well. So whimsical.

blushing rose said...

If you like 'tea' you gotta love that 'pot' ... I have a few teapots left but have a quilt of teapot/teacup fabrics that I love & little accessories throughout. You have a lovely collection ...

Have a wonderful, warm week. TTFN ~Marydon

cheshire wife said...

To many people tea pots are a thing of the past now that tea can so easily be made in a mug. Lovely to see your collection.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Jo, I have a friend who also collects tea pots. She has Lots of them... In fact, she will have tea parties every once in awhile ---and drinking tea from all of her tea sets (along with her beautiful pastries to go with the tea) is just so much fun.

I'm working to catch up on blogs after being gone. Love your Fall colors---and enjoyed your post about where the years have gone. Great posts.

Glad to be home --after 3 trips back to back!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.