Monday, July 6, 2026

Heat-Lover

The Crepe Myrtle bush is in full bloom, it's flowers will put on this show for the better part of a month,

the bees and Hummingbirds are drawn to it's huge Watermelon Red blooms.
It loves the summer heat, I have offered it my portion.








8 comments:

Galestorm said...

That is a beautiful crepe myrtle. I need to get one planted in my yard and hope it lives.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I absolutely love the color! They are blooming here too, but they aren't quite as lush.

Share my Garden said...

Wow, that is quite a pop of colour! I'm pleased it likes the heat, my flowers are sadly wilting in spite of my efforts with the watering can.

Bernideen said...

That is a lovely one! Such a pretty pink!

Debbie Nolan said...

These photos are stunning. I have never grown these in my garden. Not sure they would do well in our zone - will have to research them. Stay cool and have a great start to July. Hugs!

Galestorm said...

Since your post, I've notice Crepe Myrtles everywhere blooming and thriving.. They must love the exceptionally high heat we are going through.

L. D. said...

Every year you share this wonderful colorful shrub. It is soooo beautiful. You southern plants and shrubs are so wonderful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! That colour is amazing.

All the best Jan