Monday, August 19, 2024

By The Light Of The Silvery Moon

                           


                      

Slowly, silently, now the moon
Walks the night in her silver shoon;
This way, and that, she peers, and sees
Silver fruit upon silver trees;
One by one the casements catch
Her beams beneath the silvery thatch;
Couched in his kennel, like a log,
With paws of silver sleeps the dog;
From their shadowy coat the white breasts peep
Of doves in a silver-feathered sleep;
A harvest mouse goes scampering by,
With silver claws, and silver eye;
And moveless fish in the water gleam,
By silver reeds in a silver stream.



Silver : Walter de la Mare

3 comments:

Collie222 said...

Beautiful imagery

Jon said...

What a lovely moonlit scene! A friend told me there was a blue moon last night. Unfortunately I missed it. I haven't read anything by Walter de la Mare in a long time. Thanks!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello, I'm stopping by to say thank you for your kind thoughts and condolences on Eddies passing.

I do hope to get back to regular blogging soon.
In the meantime, my thanks again to you.

All the best Jan

PS That's a very nice image and lovely words.