Friday, May 3, 2024

Springtime

Incredible blue skies and sunshine today. Lots of the stuff, it surely feels like we are slap in the midst of summer with this 86 degree heat.

Flowers are bursting out in full bloom, a virtual rainbow of colors, each day, a new surprise.
The wild turkeys are parading their new poults, the flock continues to grow.

Pop-up storms make their way through each evening, a welcomed gesture to cool the night air.
We'll take whatever help we can get.

Those pesky 13 year Brood XIX  cicadas have returned



  








10 comments:

Collie222 said...

Finding beauty in the everyday things that others may not notice… that’s a blessing and a gift!

Rian said...

I don't think we get those XIX cicadas here in Texas. We get something called the dog-day cicadas (?). And Jo, I was told that cicadas are edible...

jayveesonata said...

I like all of the photos - - but the sky is really magnificent. Unfortunately, my area of TN is getting an entire week of rain.

local alien said...

What wonderful photos. A beautiful time of the year. Mother Nature at her best

Heritage Hall said...

What glorious photos of Springtime, Jo. The din of the cicados mingled with
this week's downpour are just another aspect of Spring in TN.

Share my Garden said...

HEAT!! Oh, I am so envious!
Everything is looking lovely.

ann said...

I always enjoy your beautiful photography. and now the cicadas! I'm wondering if they will show up here in Colorado?

Marcheline said...

Everything looks lovely - even the cicadas! They look Egyptian, with all their decorations on!

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness! 86 degrees, that's hot!
I enjoyed your photographs beautiful colour in the skies.

All the best Jan

Yvonne said...

I see you have those lovely cicadas also. My garden is thick with them. The sky photos are amazing.