Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Seeing Spots

If you are a regular visitor to my blog, undoubtedly you know we share our property with White-tailed deer.

Several years ago I counted a herd of forty, regularly co-existing on our little green space, happily munching away on anything they set their mind to.
Nowadays the numbers are more like seven, three of which are new fawns, a set of twins, and one other.
They visit daily, and live in the surrounding bush and woods, drinking from the birdbaths, and have become quite tame.
I've moaned and carried on about the flowers they eat willy-nilly, but I can't help but smile each time they appear.
 





8 comments:

L. D. said...

I am sure the deer are happy you mow a large area for them so they don't have to hang out in the timber. I would have the same mixed feelings. I love my rabbits but then I have to cage up things to keep them from eating what I have planted. I am glad you don't have forty anymore.

DJan said...

Adorable! :-)

local alien said...

Similat to us and our wild goats. They come morning and might now to drink water from broken water pipes. The young ones are frisky, jumping up onto walls and leaping into space, and eating anything that hangs over the wall. I would love to see your deer

Belinda said...

Oh, they are so beautiful. I just love seeing them. We have three on our property and see them from time to time. I always stop and watch them when I see them. 💕

Debbie Nolan said...

Are they not the sweetest animals?? We have lots around our place as well. Always love seeing those special spots too!! Have a great end of the week.

Kathy said...

The fawns are adorable. My sister has deer in her garden also. I haven't seen them though. So nice that you have enough space for them.

Heritage Hall said...


Bettie Pardee uses a roll up vertical screen to fill in the entry to her
garden and it seems to do the trick in keeping the imps away. Who can
resist having such "dear" creatures close by, however...they are beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see these photographs.

All the best Jan