Saturday, December 31, 2022

Ring Out The Old, Ring In The New

And so another year is coming to an end.
We were graced with a new great-grandson this year, and yesterday we were finally able to hold and visit with him.
The sweetest little fellow, and our hearts are full.


As the New Year makes it's presence, I am grateful for all the good things in life,  mindful to leave less of a footprint on this magnificent planet we all call home, and remember to offer a kinder word or action towards my fellow man.

Peace on earth to all.......



 
I truly wish each and every one of you, a New Year filled with much love, peace, good health and happiness.
Your friendships have encouraged, enlightened, and have brightened my days throughout this past year.
Here's to a 2023 filled with the same !
Many Blessings, and A Happy New Year.
x



                                                        
A Happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year.

~Edgar Guest
 



9 comments:

local alien said...

Wishing you a very happy New Year, good health to all, happiness and warm family times. Looking forward to another year of your companionable blogging

Rian said...

Lovely post, Jo. I especially love the last poem by Edgar Guest. I have an old poetry book by him "When Day is Done"... copyright 1921 that I found in an old bookstore in the French Quarter (N.O) years ago. Love his down home type poetry! I also wish you and yours a wonderful 2023!!

Latane Barton said...

and to you, my friend, a very happy New Year and one that is filled with love and joy... and good health. Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

Enjoy time with your new great-grandson.

My good wishes for a happy and healthy 2023.

All the best Jan

Heritage Hall said...

O what joy to be holding your new great-Grandson.
Just relish those moments, for he will be squirming off and pursuing his independence before you know it.. Wishing all a New Year of good health, well being and all the good things that bring peace and
and true joy. Thank you for all your lovely posts
this year, Jo, so meaningful.

DJan said...

Oh, another beautiful post to remind me how fortunate I am to have such a delightful virtual family! Virtual hugs and concrete blessings to you, dear Jo. :-)

Jon said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your new great-grandson. May 2023 bring happiness, blessings, and all good things to you and your family.

Henny Penny said...

Happy New Year! Your posts are always amazing and so beautiful. A great grandson! Congratulations! I've just looked back at your last three beautiful posts and enjoyed every minute.

My Tata's Cottage said...

What a very lovely post. I came over to wish you a Happy New Year. A new great grandson, what a joy! I also wondered if you have heard anything about Edna at Miss Edna's Place? I miss her terribly and thought I would ask others if they have heard if she is doing well. I am also new following you. Have a blessed and beautiful new week.