Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Older Than Dirt

I've been busy giving some of the Blue Willow and Staffordshire Ware pieces a bath. 

I'm not sure why, it seems I often get the urge to spring clean in the fall. 
I think it has something to do with the changing seasons, the coolness of the Autumn air, the heady scent of spiced-mix candles magically weaving their spell.



This gathering of antique 'blues' are collectively over a half millennium in age. They are still beautiful after all their years of service, and oh, what stories they could tell !
I often find myself wondering what tales the little creamers could tell, if only they could talk.
Sitting around a Victorian ladies tea table, listening to the latest fashion news from Europe.
Or quietly displayed in the cabinet of a fine Southern Antebellum home laying in wait to be used for a special dinner, in celebration of a loved one, returning home from some foreign war.

5 comments:

Rian said...

Things once loved and enjoyed do have 'stories' - we may not know them, but we can imagine. And sometimes just by holding them, we can share part of that.

Yvonne said...

Anything passed down through time seems to have a story somewhere in it's timeline. If only we knew, but it's fun imagining. I have a simular passion for blue on the dinner table.

Henny Penny said...

Oh, that is so true and the blue willow is just beautiful. I've been in a cleaning mood and feel overwhelmed. Besides all the dust and cobwebs, all the windows need washing. You keep things so shiny and clean.

Winifred said...

I love Blue Willow and it's time I washed mine from the plate rack & the Welsh dresser. Think I'll put it off for a while, winter always makes me sluggish.

L. D. said...

I always enjoy seeing your Blue. I like pieces with history also. Your collection is wonderful.