Thursday, June 2, 2022

Let The Merriment Begin

The Platinum Jubilee Celebrations have begun!

Throughout Great Britain and many other countries, there are thousands of street parties, parades, and much merriment afoot, in the celebrating  of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's seventieth year on the throne.




I will be joining in the celebrations albeit from afar, my Union Jack flying, the teapot readied.
Seventy years on the throne, and a lifetime of genteelness, grace and dedication. 

Three cheers:  Hip, Hip, Hooray, Hip, Hip, Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray !










God Save The Queen

9 comments:

local alien said...

Many happy returns to Queen Elizabeth 2. She's a real trooper. There is even going to be a party to celebrate on the island. There are quite a few expats and English visitors.
God Save the Queen indeed

Heritage Hall said...

Joining you and others, Jo, to pay homage to Her Highness; a role model
of dedication and noblesse oblige... We are recording all the ceremonial
splendor today and tomorrow. God save the Queen.

Debby said...

God Bless the Queen.

Nellie said...

I was very fortunate to make a lifelong dream come true with a trip to England in May! Honoring Queen Elizabeth II for her exceptional reign!

Janet @ My Miniature Donkeys said...

Did you watch "The Crown"? What did you think of their depiction?

~Pam~ said...

This is all so lovely! I have been watching much of this on TV. I am so glad I found your blog again. I just starting blogging again after a couple of years. Take care and have a nice weekend.

Winifred said...

She was really beautiful. People always commented on her flawless skin.

My favourite of the Party at the Palace was the Queen with Paddington Bear!

L. D. said...

It is a fascinating process that I love to watch. I grew up with the Queen and I am old now too. She had a great celebration and the festivities were so appropriate. My Brit Aunt has been gone for some time and her daughter my age is also gone. They would have loved to see it all.

Marcheline said...

Anyone who loves Scotland as much as she does is all right in my book. Scotland is my favorite place on earth!