Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Timeless Treasures

I have a fondness for English Staffordshire Ware.

One look at those pastoral village scenes, and I'm transported back to my grandmother's kitchen, where her cupboard displayed shelf upon shelf of these timeless treasures.

I can see the kitchen table covered in a freshly-starched embroidered tablecloth, the milk-jug sitting atop, awaiting the first of many pots of tea served throughout the day.
Treasured memories of gentler times........
 
 
 
One of my favorite collections are from the Alfred Meakin "Tintern" series.
I'm drawn to their bucolic scenes from years gone by.


 
 

"Come along inside ~ We'll see if tea and buns will make the world a better place."

~ Wind in the Willows
 

7 comments:

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I'm almost positive my grandmother had the green and white one. It held milk and went between the table and the in-the-wall refrigerator on a daily basis. -Jenn

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I think right about now we are all enjoying the thoughts of kinder simpler days. I know I am. Love seeing all your bits of beauty. Thank you for sharing.

L. D. said...

You have such a wonderful collection. I like having pieces that remind you of your younger life with family. They are beautiful pieces.

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful... Blessings.

Edna B said...

Your pitchers are beautiful. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Pam said...

These are just beautiful!

Henny Penny said...

The pitchers are just beautiful. Wish we could go back to those gentler times.