Saturday, April 24, 2021

Tennessee Weather



 
Tennessee weather.......it's never boring that's a fact.
Spring started with lots of sunshine,  flowers were budding and trees began to bloom.
Two weeks later, we had freezing temperatures and snow in the higher elevations.
Everything tender and ready to bloom was covered with sheets to protect the young buds.
The Clematis was one of the plants I feared would succumb to the frost, but yesterday after uncovering everything, I was given a lovely surprise.
Under the warmth of the sheet ,the vine had blossomed beautifully and perfect.


8 comments:

Lori said...

That is beautiful. We've had the same weather here and I'm happy that it doesn't seem anything was hurt. Have a great weekend.

DJan said...

I'm so glad to see that beautiful radiant perfect flower. I hope you continue to share your springtime joy. :-)

Rian said...

Beautiful, Jo. Thanks for sharing.

Henny Penny said...

So glad your beautiful Clematic survived and even bloomed under the covering. It is lots of trouble to cover everything. Most times I don't know where to begin and what to cover. Sure hope this winter weather has made its last appearance.

Edna B said...

Your Clematis is gorgeous! The color is stunning. I do hope all the winter weather is behind us now. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Glad your clematis survived our weather of this Dogwood Winter. I was out after dark two nights in a row covering by azaleas, iris, clematis and other tender plants. I think they survived. Your photography is just beautiful, I am enjoying your pics of the right side of your blog. I live in Western Kentucky.

Lowcarb team member said...

So beautiful, a lovely colour.

All the best Jan

L. D. said...

This is so beautiful. It always blooms well for you.