Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Best Friends Forever

Let me introduce you to my precious niece from England, Mollie.
It was her first time visiting to America, in fact her first time flying on a jet-plane, across the Atlantic ocean, all to attend my granddaughter's wedding.
It made the entire occasion, extra special.
 

Very quickly Mollie and Oliver cat soon became the best of friends, he followed her everywhere.
Enjoying all the attention, hourly groomings, and more cat treats than he could have ever imagined.


They became inseparable.

 
He tried to keep up, but oftentimes the excitement overwhelmed him. 




His BFF has sadly returned across the ocean, and Oliver has taken to laying beneath the bushes and awaiting her return .

 
He misses her terribly......we all do.
Hurry back Miss Mollie !

15 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my God, I almost cried when I read this. The photos are so sweet. Poor you and poor, poor Oliver. I just wish we could explain these things to our precious animals. I hope soon something grabs his fancy and he is off on his next adventure. Give him a hug for me. Deb

Hilary said...

What a lovely post....reminds me of the many times I have gone to England to visit family, and the many times they have come here. Parting is always the hardest.

DJan said...

What a sweet girl, with a sweet Oliver the cat. I think he is definitely pining for her, as are you Beautiful post, though. :-)

Patsy said...

How sad for Oliver and dear little Mollie.

Mary A said...

Aww, poor sweet Oliver! Little girls and kitties just go together, don't they? Mary A

Marilyn said...

Such a sweet young niece! I'd be missing her, too.♥♫

Nellie said...

How very lovely that Mollie was able to make the trip for this special wedding! Oliver has found a friend for life!

donna baker said...

Oh, sounds like time for the little mouse laser.

Steven Cain said...

What a little angel! Poor Oliver. Sounds like a summer stay at Auntie's is in store.

Stoudt5436 said...

Beautiful pictures and words. Such a precious little girl, Mollie. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Memories to cherish, Oliver, too!

Elizabeth said...

Such a sweet post!

Stella Jones said...

I'm no stranger to hellos and goodbyes, as you know Jo. I hope the missing soon passes. I used to look at Millie and say 'I'll be back, please wait...' I'm sure she understood! Shall we see some pictures of the wedding soon?

Susie said...

Jo, Please send hug and kisses to Mollie for me. She is the cutest little girl. Your cat was really loving her visit, makes me smile. xoxo,Susie

TheChieftess said...

Such a sweet glimpse of friendship!!!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

What touching photographs! I imagine that she is still talking about him at home.