Thursday, July 10, 2014

Timeless Treasures

I have a fondness for English Staffordshire Ware.
One look at those pastoral village scenes, and I'm transported back to my grandmother's kitchen, where her cupboard displayed shelf upon shelf of these timeless treasures.
I can see the kitchen table covered in a freshly-starched embroidered tablecloth, the milk-jug sitting atop, awaiting the first of many pots of tea served throughout the day.
Treasured memories of gentler times........

 

 One of my favorite collections are from the Alfred Meakin "Tintern" series.
I'm drawn to their bucolic scenes from years gone by.



 



Let's put the kettle on and we'll all have tea !

5 comments:

Janneke said...

You have a wonderful collection of jugs with these beautiful English scenes. I also have some Staffordshire Ware parts and I love them all.

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh sweet memories. Do you miss your homeland? I can't imagine. I so love the pitchers.

DeniseinVA said...

These are wonderful Jo. The next time I go to England and have more time for such things, I want to browse around to find my own beautiful pieces to add to the one I have of my grandmothers.

Country Gal said...

Very pretty ! The first photo I the one on the right I got years ago from a garage sale for $5 . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Terry said...

They are lovely. It would be fun to have tea with them, and you!