Tales of a British expat, transplanted into the lush Tennessee countryside. Lover of old, time-worn, and antique. Tea-drinker, flower-grower, animal-nurturer.
Tuesday, September 8, 2026
Mother Nature's Bounty
Meadow wildflowers make me smile.
"He who is born with a silver spoon in his mouth is generally considered a fortunate person, but his good fortune is small compared to that of the happy mortal who enters this world with a passion for flowers in his soul."
I too love the wildflowers. Ours along the path this year aren't so pretty because of the terrible drought this summer. The black-eyed Susans are small and wilted and even the goldenrods are more brown than gold. Makes me happy to see how beautiful yours are.
8 comments:
Oh, I love that quote about flowers! I dearly love flowers too. 🌸 🏵 🌻
We've had so much rain that the wildflowers are in abundance this year! Love your pretty photos!
Could you share what the purple blooming plant is please? Lovely photos!
Joe Pye Weed
I too love the wildflowers. Ours along the path this year aren't so pretty because of the terrible drought this summer. The black-eyed Susans are small and wilted and even the goldenrods are more brown than gold. Makes me happy to see how beautiful yours are.
I recognize the golden rods, always at the end of summer. Jon
You have some great choices for arrangements. I just cut up some of my Russian Sage and brought it to my old milk jar for display.
Beautiful wildflowers. I am a fan of mullein and thistle.
Post a Comment