Tales of a British expat, transplanted into the lush Tennessee countryside. Lover of old, time-worn, and antique. Tea-drinker, flower-grower, animal-nurturer.
Saturday, August 15, 2026
The Dog Days Of Summer
Dog Days defines a time period or event that is very hot or stagnant, or marked by dull lack of progress. The name comes from the ancient belief that Sirius, also called the Dog Star, was somehow responsible for the hot weather.
Oh my goodness! I have been missing those beautiful pictures. Those clouds and your flowers! I was just wondering how you grow all the flowers with all the deer you have posted about then I scroll down and there is one drinking from your birdbath. :) The deer eat the flower buds from almost everything I plant!!
6 comments:
Gorgeous pix ~ TFS!
Wow, that's a bunch of beautiful pictures. Stay cool if you can. It's hot out there.
Oh my goodness! I have been missing those beautiful pictures. Those clouds and your flowers! I was just wondering how you grow all the flowers with all the deer you have posted about then I scroll down and there is one drinking from your birdbath. :) The deer eat the flower buds from almost everything I plant!!
Such lovely photographs.
As I type this it's the 26th of August ... September is getting closer.
Enjoy the last few days in August.
All the best Jan
Beautiful photos that capture the simplest pleasures and turn them into the most exquisite. Thanks Jo for sharing. God Bless!
Wow, your pictures are absolutely stunning!
Post a Comment