Thursday, October 5, 2023

English Country Folk

A little treasure from the Royal Doulton, Beswick, English Country Folk Collection,
Mrs Rabbit Baker.
I found her on one of our many trips to the antique shops in England during my last trip home. 
She reminds me of my grandma Elizabeth Jane, who owned one of the towns local bakeries.






" No matter what time you call in at Mrs. Rabbit's homely* cottage, you're sure to find her hard at work in the cozy, wood-panelled kitchen.
Whether a traditional Sunday roast, delicious cakes, or her famous homemade scones, Mrs Rabbit's care and skill make every mouthful a special treat."


* for American readers the use of the word 'homely' in England means cozy and comfortable.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

A hero to aspire to! :)

Rian said...

She's adorable, Jo.

L. D. said...

It reminds me too of my short grandmother Brooks who wore a similar home sewn apron. I really like the figurine and the story of Mrs. Rabbits cottage.

Jon said...

Mrs. Rabbit Baker is so sweet and charming. I imagine that she will be baking something wonderful to go with a cozy cup of tea on an autumn afternoon.

Belinda said...

How neat to have a grandmother who owned a bakery. My grandmother was a masterful baker, but she didn't owned a store. Just loved to bake for her friends and family.