Friday, April 28, 2023

Rabbit Tales

We've noticed an abundance of wild rabbits hopping around the garden this Spring.
Some years they are a scarcity, but this year we seem to be sharing our plot with mama and baby rabbits galore.
Of course there's a daddy rabbit somewhere close by, but he seems to be a travelling man.




 
'Once upon a time there were four little rabbits and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter.
They lived with their mother in a sandbank, underneath the root of a very big fir tree.'

~ Beatrix Potter :The Tale of Peter Rabbit

8 comments:

~Pam~ said...

Ohhh I absolutely love this post! Have a great weekend! xx

Jon said...

I've seen several rabbits this spring and I wanted to photograph them - - but they are camera-shy and quick to run away.

I like having them around, but they can be rather pesky when nibbling at your garden.

Rian said...

Just mention rabbits and they will come (readers I mean, not rabbits). I think rabbits are next in popularity to kittens/puppies. Would love to have them in my yard... but the other ferals probably don't allow it.

Kathy said...

My sister had a pet rabbit at one time. I think rabbits are so cute. But not sure if I would like lots of them in my garden.

HWIT BLOGG said...

I have a BIG rabbit in my garden! I see him (or she?) every early morning...so cute!
Love from Titti

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post.
We don't have rabbits in the garden, but a few squirrels visit and of course the birds :)

All the best Jan

Henny Penny said...

Our rabbits have all disappeared...even Wilder. We don't understand how we can have so many then all of a sudden they're gone. I love Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter. :)

L. D. said...

Yes, I will have to put up screens to keep them away from my young flower sprouts and glads. I have one very large rabbit that doesn't seem to be to scared of me.