Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Hello March

A glorious sunshiny day today.

I've been busy as a bee, changing out the now-tired Winter decorations and replacing them with Springtime favorites.
The birds are feathering their nests, fluffing and cozying for the next generation.
A season of re-birth, promising new beginnings and hopefulness, in an otherwise chaotic world.


 

" It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold, when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade."

Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

9 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Happy Springtime just around the corner. Hugs.

Helen said...

It's March but seems like the dead of winter here. A snow storm yesterday and another on the way for Friday night. I sure hope it warms up soon, otherwise we'll still have snow in May.

Lowcarb team member said...

It certainly is a chaotic world at the moment.
I took some time out earlier today with a good book and a cup of tea :)

I wish you a happy month of March.

All the best Jan

DJan said...

It's so lovely to see spring arriving on your doorstep! Love that poem.

Kathy said...

It's still winter here, but spring is right around the corner. I love spring. It is my favorite season of the year. Your photo is lovely!

Yvonne said...

So true about March. The sun is so welcomed, although it cannot overcome the chill of the wind. A sheep and lovely blue flowers brings promises of the coming spring. May your March give you much peace in reflection.

Marcheline said...

Happy soon-to-be-Spring! Love your decor. Nothing better than antiques and vintage! Pssst - Swing by my place and check out my first batch of homemade cornbread!

Jon said...

I really like your spring decor - especially the lamb (sheep? I admittedly don't know the difference).
The Charles Dickens quote is a perfect description of March

L. D. said...

We too have the sounds of the birds out there singing. I saw a robin pair in the backyard. I am glad that spring is around the corner.