Friday, October 8, 2021

Let's Eat Pie

Almost as popular as traditional Pecan Pie, this delicious Japanese Fruit Pie graces many dinner tables here in the South.

The combination of pecans, raisins, and coconut suspended in a chess-pie type of filling is wonderfully rich and toothsome.

 
Japanese Fruit Pie
 
Ingredients
1 deep dish 9 inch unbaked pie shell
1 stick of melted butter ( 1/2 cup )
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1tsp. vanilla extract
3 large eggs ( slightly beaten )
1/2 cup each of raisins, shredded coconut, (I like a little more) chopped pecan pieces.

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, butter, sugar, vinegar and vanilla extract.
Beat until smooth. Stir in pecans, coconut, and raisins.
Pour mixture into pastry shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Cool before serving.

Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped fresh cream.
 

10 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful pie. It looks delicious, I'm going to have to try it this Fall.

DJan said...

Yum! It sure looks delicious. :-)

Rian said...

We're pie lovers... especially custard, chess, and buttermilk! And I do sometimes put fruit (blueberries, strawberries, or apples) in my custard pie.
Looks delicious, Jo!

Marcheline said...

Whooooeeee!

Edna B said...

Your pie sounds delicious. My favorite is apple pie and vanilla ice cream. Yum! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

WonkyGirl said...

My husband just walked by and asked, "What is that" ? I read him the ingredients and he said, yes it sounds good. Putting ingredients on my grocery list as I smile...

R's Rue said...

Yummy. I want a piece now.

Cindy L said...

I had never heard of this pie! It is delicious! We made it the same day I read your blog post. This will be part of our Thanksgiving "groaning board" (our dessert table). I love your blog!

L. D. said...

I have never heard of this kind of pie but I like what I see. I do like all the ingredients in the recipe.

Janet @ My Miniature Donkeys said...

Have you tried any other dried fruit? Maybe cherries? Or a mixture?