Thursday, December 26, 2019

Winding Down on Boxing Day



We've ate, drank and made merry.
Over-indulged in all the traditions of the season that makes this magical celebration.......magical.
Laughter was in abundance.
  
 


 
Recipe books are returned to their bookcase- home.
It's a ritual I go through every holiday,  drag out the recipe books, yet end up making  the same tried and tested dishes as the previous years.
Tradition prevails.



 
The gatherings are over, the house is tidied.
Time to enjoy a few hours of BritBox and  a nice pot of tea and biscuits.
I hope your Christmas was just as lovely.
 
 

9 comments:

Susie said...

Jo, I love the pretty teapot and cup. That Oliver is the cutest cat ever. Glad you had a great holiday. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

DJan said...

Oh, it was for us, too. I love seeing Boxing Day being celebrated by Oliver! :-)

local alien said...

But not just any biscuits!! Enjoy.
Sounds like a lovely day. Lots of laughter in our house as well, and the usual traditional menu.

Edna B said...

You set a pretty table. I love the teapot and teacup set. And I love love shortbread. Your kitty cat looks oh so comfy all curled up in that box. I wonder what it is about boxes that intrigues animals and small children. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Hugs, Edna B.

Rian said...

Please do put the kettle on. And I love Old Country Rose china. (I have the tea set in blue and lavender - Moonlight Rose) Tea and biscuits and a good British mystery. Great way to end the day. And Oliver looks very comfy too.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your photos are always so lovely and colorful. I feel the need to say my thanks around the Net, and so I'm here to let you know how much I enjoy seeing the pretty pictures you take.

The Wykeham Observer said...

Now I know why they call it Boxing Day!

Henny Penny said...

And look who is in the box on boxing day. You know, I've never heard of "boxing day" before reading blog posts. I'll look that up. Oh, Christmas must be simply beautiful at your house. I thought about you when posting today...my wish to be from England...exactly like you. Happy New Year!

L. D. said...

A box for Oliver is such a great gift for him. I really like all the colors that come with your traditions.