Monday, June 17, 2019

Observing

A beautiful summer's day today.
Lower temperatures, and soft gentle rain, of which is greatly appreciated.
In-between showers, sunbursts and gentle breezes, makes for happy flowers.
Not so pretty, but necessary, wire cages enclose all flowers and shrubs that the deer like to eat.
We had new visitors to the garden today, two mother-hen wild turkeys with their babies, happily plodding along by their sides.
The momma deer,  finally decided to share her new fawn with us, after much anticipation.
Turkeys are becoming a rarity in several Tennessee counties that were once in abundance, it's a sweet pleasure to know they are still here amongst us.
Hope all is well and sweet, in your little corner of the world.
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


 

 
 

9 comments:

cloches and lavender said...

Beautiful capture of the deer especially looking over the fence.

Your purple blooms are beautiful.

Enjoy your Monday

Cindy

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my such beautiful pictures and the one of the fawn peeking over the fence is just precious!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

How beautiful to live in such a lush area! My sister also has to encase everything in wire to prevent the deer from eating her plants, so it doesn't seem strange to my eyes.

Janet @ My Miniature Donkeys said...

Yes, I am partial to your wildlife photos. Your timing was a bonus.
A couple of days ago a sandhill crane family with two babies in tow, crossed our dirt road.

L. D. said...

You have done some serious fencing there to keep them from eating those flowers. It is nice to see the young deer. All of your photos are so good.

Edna B said...

I'm loving your photos. I miss watching the deer in the field across from where I worked. But I do have the turkeys coming rather often to feed on my birdseed and corn. I love being able to watch nature. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

DJan said...

So beautiful! I love that fawn. What an adorable little creature. :-)

local alien said...

What wonderful photos, so full of colour. Your garden is looking delightful and the wild life are such a bonus! Well, as long as theyre not eating the flowers!

A Casa Madeira said...

Beautiful photos.
I loved knowing your blog.
janicce.