Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Hotter Than A Pepper Sprout



We seemed to have transitioned from pleasantly warm days, to HOT.
Days in the high nineties with high humidity makes outdoor activities a challenge, calling for lots of drinking water, and the wearing of light clothing.




We are under a heat advisory for the next few days, 95 degrees, if you can avoid staying outside especially for long periods of time, then it is best to do so.
Even the birds have taken to their nests.....

                                                                          ****
 
"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it."
~ Russell Baker
 

9 comments:

Susie said...

Oliver makes me laugh out loud ,Jo. He is the cutest cat ever. Oh yes, we are into the humid,plus storms and big rains. I love the warm pleasant low humidity days...and hope they return. Blessings, stay cool. xoxo, Susie

Pam said...

But don't you just LOVE Tennessee countryside? I too live in this beautiful state and that is life in TN...nice days to horrible! I stay in on days like today. Can't handle the heat.

donna baker said...

Same here. I'm with Oliver.

local alien said...

Hope this weather passes quickly. Not nice!! Poor Oliver in his fur coat.

Patsy said...

Better then rain for a few days, hard to remember life
without air conditioning.

Henny Penny said...

The heat is the same here. Today they say the heat index (whatever the heck that is) could be 105! Sounds awful. Oliver really is one of the prettiest cats I've ever seen. I want a big yellow cat. I dare not say that to Poppy! :)

Kathy said...

Hot and humid here as well. Although I love summer, I will be glad to see the autumn come.

annie said...

hahaha, now I am hearing Johnny Cash singing hotter than a pepper sprout in my head all night.
Yes, hot here as well. I don't mind the heat as much as I hate the humidity.

Anonymous said...

You're so interesting! I don't believe I've truly
read through something like this before. So good to find another person with some original thoughts on this subject.
Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is something that's needed on the internet, someone
with some originality!