Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Proof Is In The Pudding




A dozen charming amateur bakers offer trays of edible treats and a tent full of doughy drama this summer when PBS brings back the U.K.’s unstoppable competition series, THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW, for a brand new season, airing Fridays, starting July 1 at 9:00 p.m. ET (check local listings).
                                               
Returning judges Mary Berry, a best-selling cookbook author and the U.K.’s “doyenne of baking,” and Paul Hollywood, an artisan bread-making expert whose personal appearances rival those of rock stars, join hosts Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc in search of the best all-around baker among the contestants.

“In response to the enthusiastic fan support for this sweet and savory series, we are thrilled to confirm that PBS will be bringing the latest BBC season of THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW to our viewers on Fridays this summer,” said Beth Hoppe, PBS Chief Programming Executive and General Manager, General Audience Programming. “And we are happy to be airing additional seasons of the hit series over the next couple of years for fans who just can’t get enough.”
 
Lovely.



5 comments:

DJan said...

Thanks for telling me about this, Jo. I'll watch it, it sure looks like a good one! :-)

donna baker said...

I love this show, but I can't believe the contestants aren't professionals. They are so talented.

Winifred said...

I love Mel & Sue but Paul Hollywood gets up my nose sometimes.

Love the last winner Nadiye who baked a cake for the Queen's 90th birthday. She's lovely so natural.

Henny Penny said...

I've never seen this show but will be watching for it. Thank you! What would we do without PBS. There is for sure nothing worth watching on the other channels.

Stella Jones said...

Always a good watch Jo. I enjoy it. Someone from my home town won it last season, which was exciting.
P.s. Thank you so much for the comment on my stitching blog the other day. Now I understand about the comments. It does indeed seem that the readers have to belong to Google plus before they can comment on my blog. The crafty things. I suppose it is Google's way of getting every blogger to transition to the new blog system!