Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Wait Is Over


As if to soften the blow of a winter Artic-storm moving in later today, the most anticipated television event of the year is here! Downton Abbey Season 4 premieres Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014, at 9pm ET. (check local listings).

Six months after Downton Abbey's great tragedy, Mary is mired in grief and the estate is engulfed in death taxes. As the family struggles to lift their financial and emotional woes, clashes arise, sparks fly, and it is up to the older generation to bring Mary back to life, and Robert to his senses – no easy task in either respect. Another departure leaves no tears in its wake, but rather opportunity for new faces – and drama, alliances, and sparks of an entirely different sort – below stairs.

Make yourself a nice pot of tea, finish off the Christmas cake, be sure to use the best china.
At least the cockles of your heart will be warmed.

13 comments:

donna baker said...

The very best part of today.

DJan said...

I am SO ready to get the grisly last scene from the previous season out of my mind! Yay! It's here! :-)

Custom Comforts said...

Sweet post. Sounds like you know more than the rest of us and I'm intrigued. Although since I get up for work in the wee hours of the morning, I'll have to settle for recording it and watching it tomorrow after work.
Cindy

Patsy said...

They sure had two good new shows last night. Father Brown and Inspector Richard Poole

Kathy said...

I'm so excited. Can't wait to see it. I've been reading about it so know just what you are talking about. I'm sure it will be the topic of conversation tomorrow at work.

Jill of All Trades said...

OH gosh, I am so excited for this evening!

Bittersweetfolkart said...

Oh I am soo looking
forward to this ..

Indigo Blue said...

I missed the Christmas episode in 2012 in the UK, so was at a loss about the sadness to start with. You will not be disappointed with series 4 it is excellent. I would love to spend a day in the costume department.
Enjoy!

Susan said...

I don't understand. Was Matthew part owner of the estate? Usually entailed estates can not be broken up into shares or divided by the heirs. This was part of the problem in the first place regarding who was going to inherit.

The Furry Gnome said...

Guess what we're watching tonight.

Mary A said...

At last! We can immerse ourselves in intelligent drama!

Deanna said...

Lucky you. I have to watch until Monday night.
Can't wait!
d

Kim said...

The only good show on TV worth watching lately.