Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December Rains

Four days of continuous rainfall, water standing ankle-deep, I'm beginning to think a pair of webbed-feet would be fitting.
It's difficult to achieve any outdoor chores in inclement weather like this, unless of course you are fortunate to own a  sturdy Mackintosh, wellington boots, and a large rain hat.
Luckily the temperatures are mild for this time of the year, just yesterday a new Geranium bloom appeared, even after several hard frosts earlier in the month.
Mother Nature seems to have her months all higgledy piggledy.
Row, row, row your boat......
 
 
 
 
 
 
" The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain.
This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency. "

~Susan Allen Toth, England For All Seasons

11 comments:

donna baker said...

The sun finally came out after the same system you've had. Mud and muck everywhere. I'd like to stay in at your house.

Patsy said...

It has been a cozy rain of 4 days. It stopped here early morning but no sun yet.

Henny Penny said...

Do you think it may be raining all over the world? We had rain yesterday, thick clouds today, and supposedly, rain again tomorrow. I love the picture and could sit here and watch it for a while.

LesleyAnn said...

I see the same thing from my window that you see from yours. It's unusually mild here as well. I'm enjoying looking through your window and listening to the lovely string music.

Blessings to you ...

Jayne said...

Sorry to hear about your rain. We've had a very cold few days with just a bit of a drizzle. Very English weather, actually. I love the picture of the rainfall too - something soothing about watching rain fall.

Notes From ABroad said...

Your rain has arrived at my house. You can have it back in the morning .
I also don't mind hearing it at night, lying in bed ... but I don't want to wake up to it.

Country Gal said...

It was like that today but for the rest of the week for us it will be sunny and mild and I can handle that usually we are buried in snow but as the years go by our winters seem to get less snow and milder temps I can handle that to . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Nellie said...

We have had rain here since Sunday! We have now covered the deficit in average rainfall that we had, and we have moved over into the plus column! Great for ducks! Quack, quack!:-)

Betsy Brock said...

I could watch that all day!
How sweet you have a new little geranium bloom!

Joyful said...

After a week or two of quite cold and frosty weather, we're back to our usual rainfall. It brings warmer temperatures. We'll be getting rain now for weeks at a time. That's what keeps us green and milder than most of Canada over winter. Enjoy the warmer temperatures.

DJan said...

I'll be hiking tomorrow in the rain, and it won't be the cozy kind, but once I'm home I'll be looking out the window, much as in your pretty picture. :-)