Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Cleaning

The First Sergeant has spent the last few days, mowing, trimming, pruning, and fixing.
Putting the place 'to rights' after a long Winter's nap takes quite an effort, and will be ongoing for several weekends to come.

 

My effort consisted of hanging the porch ferns. and planting Geraniums.
I've still got lots of empty pots to fill, and birdhouses to tend......

 

 
The Perennials are flowering.
We had a  late hard frost last week, I'm keeping my fingers crossed they were not harmed.
 
 
And once again we are being serenaded by the amorous calls of Igor the frog.
Summoning any eligible female within earshot to venture his way.
 


Cold, wet leaves
Floating on moss-colored water
And the croaking of frogs-
Cracked bell-notes in the twilight. 
 
 
~ The Pond, Amy Lowell
 

16 comments:

Country Gal said...

All looks wonderful . No flowers for me yet still a bit to early we plant and bring any flowers out on our May long weekend . The grass wont need to be cut for a few weeks yet either as we has winter last soo long this year ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day

Nellie said...

Everything looks really nice! You've been hard at work, and it shows!

DJan said...

Putting such a place "to rights" feels "just right" to me! It's so beautiful, peaceful, and inviting. :-)

2 Dogs said...

It looks wonderful and peaceful :)

Doc said...

Looks great, do you buy new ferns every year or winter them indoors. I tried but they created such a mess that I tossed them in the compost.

DeniseinVA said...

Everything looks great in your garden Jo, picture perfect my dear friend.

Wild Oak Designs said...

Such lovely pictures!
Our spring arrived early in So. Calif, but we are still setting things to rights. It is something that never stops.
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Henny Penny said...

I didn't realize how many of your posts I've missed. It was like looking at a big beautiful book! What a lovely, dreamy place you have!

L. D. said...

It is fun at first to get things cleaned up and mow the grass even. Each year I do things a little differently so one never knows what the place will look like until I get it done.

Janneke said...

Your porch with the ferns is so beautiful!!!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Boy, it sure looks green down there!

Jen said...

Your porch and ferns are beautiful.There is always plenty to do in Spring. Around Tennessee the Spring flowering trees are so pretty and loved the cat story.

Stella Jones said...

Lots to do at this time of the year Jo. It's the same over here. Hop over to my blog and see Dylan collecting his Easter eggs?
Your garden is so big! and beautiful.

Erin said...

What a peaceful place!! It is a lot of work, but the results are worth it!!

Terry said...

How beautiful!
It snowed here last night. 28 degrees this morning.

Willow said...

Sounds like contentment to me.