Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009


The first day of a new year is an opportunity to start anew, and adopt healthier and better promises we so faithfully make to ourselves, but fall short of keeping.
I try not to make New Year's resolutions these days.
Just a more common-sense aproach to eating better, making wiser choices, being more understanding and forgiving of my fellow man, and taking a little less from this planet we call "home" than I did the previous year.
Simplify.....
I treated my soul to this beautiful calendar today. In the throws of Winter, I feast my eyes upon these timeless English gardens, brimming over with renewed life and promise.
I wish you all the same in 2009....

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful Calendar, Brit. I'm sure it brings back great memories!!! One of my sons always gives me a Waterfall Calendar. I LOVE it!!!

I don't make resolutions either--but try to stay healthy and happy each and every day.
Hugs,
Betsy
I have a new blog. I'm now on Blogger. Check it out!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your new year's post.

Jill of All Trades said...

Just beautiful. I love to look at stuff like that, makes my eyes happy and myself content.

Gill - That British Woman said...

My 2009 calendar is the Coronation Street calendar..........a devoted fan that I am........

Gill in Canada