Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Fairest Month

June Days are upon us.

Heat and humidity are now a daily occurrence, followed by cooling, nightly pop-up storms.
The songbirds are raising their second clutch of babies.
Lightning bugs light up the night sky, and the sound of tree frogs fill the air.
The season's first garden-grown tomatoes are ripe for the picking, and those coveted sweet Vidalia onions are back in the stores.
A little bit of normalcy in an otherwise chaotic world.




 "Mine is the Month of Roses; yes, and mine
The Month of Marriages! All pleasant sights
And scents, the fragrance of the blossoming vine,
The foliage of the valleys and the heights.
Mine are the longest days, the loveliest nights;
The mower's scythe makes music to my ear;
I am the mother of all dear delights;
I am the fairest daughter of the year."

~  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


 
 




 
 







9 comments:

Kay G. said...

The month of marriages! My husband and I will have our 40th wedding anniversary on June 4th! Where did that time go?

Yvonne said...

Wow! Beautiful where you are. I love the Praying Mantis photo. I know we have them here, but I haven't seen one in years.

HWIT BLOGG said...

June is just beautiful and some lovely pictures you show us...
Love from Titti

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Nature's bounty.

MaryFran said...

Lovely pictures! I am so glad summer is here!!!!

Henny Penny said...

Can't believe May, my favorite month of the year has past but June is my second favorite. Your pictures are beautiful and so is the poem.

Heritage Hall said...

Oh those verdant rolling hills of Tennessee and your beautiful gardens ... Nirvana ...

Latane Barton said...

That dragonfly... upside down! And, all those beautiful flowers. I love your garden statuary, as well.

L. D. said...

Love your statues. You have some great flowers blooming. I like the yellow canna. Queen Anne's Lace is beautiful.