Thursday, March 16, 2017

Domestic Staples

This Robin's egg blue enamelware bowl is one of favorite little utility bowls, it gets used many times throughout the day. 
 

Without realizing it, I seem to have gathered quite a collection of enamelware, mostly white and granite blue.
I use them as gathering bowls in the garden, one is even large enough to hold ice and soft drinks in the hot summer months, and makes it so much more convenient than running back and forth inside the house to grab a cold drink.
Timeless treasures, still proving their worth.

                                                   🏠

7 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful! I just love vintage items. Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

donna baker said...

Never saw that color. I have heard them called wash pans and butter bean pans. I use most of my white with red band ones to plant in. Not good enough to use for much else than gathering. But the turquoise and white swirl ones are expensive. I have a large one in the booth no one wants. They used to repair those pans with washers etc. they were used so often.

Betsy Brock said...

Love that blue one! Enamelware is still very collectible and fought over at the auctions. haha.

Dianna said...

Such a pretty blue bowl. I really like enamelware also.

Winifred said...

That is a gorgeous colour. I've never seen it in enamelware.

L. D. said...

I have a white one that I salvaged from a run down farm house that my grandmother had lived in back in 1963. It was her hand washing basin and it was still in the dry sink area as I visited the house. She got to move to a house with running water and that was so great for her.I really like the color of the one you are sharing. I haven't been anywhere where they sell enamelware.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I like the enamel as well. It reminds me of childhood, growing up in England. That towel too. Do you remember those on a roll in public toilets back then. Also in schools. Can you imagine now haha.
Janice