Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Summer Days

Long summer days, lend hope to ticking off some of those ' to-do ' chores around the place.

Summer flowers are hanging limp on the vine, several of the perennials have already stopped blooming for the season, and others are just arriving.
We'll be pulling, and weeding, and digging and tending, until the first frost arrives.












I spent the day at my daughter's hobby farm yesterday, she's having a clean-out, seems we always accumulate too much stuff !
We are open to suggestions :)

The donkeys followed us as we drove up on the hill, hoping we were carrying vanilla wafers, they will do anything for a handful.
Inside the barn,  the swallows' nests are filled with babies. Such a sweet sight, watching those little yellow beaks appearing over the nests, when their parents were within earshot.

Nature never fails to renew my spirit.







7 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful pictures. We had a cool down for the last few days. A couple of mornings in the 50's. The heat and humidity will be back by the weekend though. This summer is going by too quickly.

L. D. said...

The summer has gone by too quickly. I like all that I see in your photos. I just can't pull the weeds fast enough or often enough. Your daughter's farm is so marvelous.

Rian said...

Your daughter's farm is lovely, Jo. That old barn seems to be leaning a bit? And I love the picture of the donkey in the doorway.

Edna B said...

I love the photos, especially the animals. I do hope you had some wafers to give to the donkeys. Those clouds are awesome! Nature is truly beautiful. Enjoy your day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Gemma's person said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing.

Heritage Hall said...

Beloved TN is just the place to capture those wonderful photos to
share with others. You have gone a step further and transplanted
enough of beloved Great Britain to give it a whole new dimension and I so enjoy viewing your mix.... Your Daughter's farm seems timeless
and the animals delightful. Have a grand weekend.

Kim said...

Lovely! You both are so fortunate to have such peaceful places to live. Just glorious!