*

*

Friday, September 1, 2017

September

 



"September days have the warmth of summer in their briefer hours,
But in their lengthening evenings a prophetic breath of autumn.
The cricket chirps in the noontide, making the most of what remains of his brief life.
The bumblebee is busy among the clover blossoms of the aftermath,
And their shrill and dreamy hum hold the outdoor world above the voices of the song birds,
Now silent or departed."-
 
~ September Days : Rowland E. Robinson, Vermont
 

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Those first two lines are exactly how I feel about September. A little summer, a little autumn.

DJan said...

Such a gentle, soft picture to usher in September. Thank you for the lovely poem, too. :-)

Susie said...

I almost get the blues , thinking of our summer going away. Jo, you always give us such wonderful poetry and quotes. I hope you are safe . I know some flooding happen in Tennessee. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Lea said...

A pretty view!
Have a wonderful day!

Annie said...

Lovely photo!
September always seemed special to me.

L. D. said...

Sheep, I had to look closely.