Monday, July 17, 2017

A Serving Of Yumminess



The Georgia peaches are here and in the South, that means but one thing ....
Fresh Peach Cobbler.
This recipe is easy to prepare, yet deliciously tasty.
 
 
Easy Peach Cobbler

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted ( 1 stick )
1 1/2 cups Self Rising flour
1/2 cup water
2 cups of sugar (divided)
1 1/2 cup milk
4 cups peeled, pitted and thinly sliced fresh peaches (5 to 6 medium peaches)
Several dashes ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Pour the melted butter into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, and mix well. Stir in the milk, mixing until just combined. Pour this batter over the butter but do not stir them together.

In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, water, and remaining cup of sugar and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour the peaches over the batter but do not stir them together. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden-brown. Serve warm or cold. Top with favorite ice-cream.....yummy.

 

 

11 comments:

Collie222 said...

Sounds yummy!

local alien said...

I am eating a nectarine while reading this and it is full of flavour! I will definitely try your recipe. It sounds easy and fabulously delicious....and an exotic recipe from the american south. Can't wait

Treey Stynes said...

Looks mighty fine to me. Always liked peaches. ; )

L. D. said...

You surprised me with the batter on the bottom but I bet it is good that way. We just made a rhubarb/apple cobbler with the biscuit-like topping on the top. We need to buy some of those peaches.

DJan said...

OMG, that looks so good! Although I'm not hungry at all, it makes my mouth water. :-)

Janet @ My Miniature Donkeys said...

I'm on my way over -- there better be some left!

donna baker said...

Funny, I was going to make one this weekend. I wish I had yours for dinner.

The Furry Gnome said...

Peaches already!?!?

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Furry Gnome: Georgia peaches are available from late May through early August. It's hot weather in Georgia :)
We're fortunate to partake !
~Jo

Latane Barton said...

My aunt used to make this peach pie. Yours looks so yummy with that ice cream on top.

Henny Penny said...

So glad you posted this. I have the sliced peaches to make a cobbler today. Thank you. Oh, I am still using your buttermilk cornbread recipe. It is finally the cornbread recipe I've always wanted. I'll bet everything you cook is delicious!