*

*

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Purple Delight

We had a late freeze this spring, it took it's toll on many tender plants.
I feared the Clematis vine would be one of those struggling to return, and yet to my surprise here she is once again.
Year after year, this sweet little vine graces us with heart-stopping beauty, I can't help but smile each time it catches my eye.

Just in time for Easter her purple blooms put on a show.
 

 


 

 And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
Rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.

~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant
 

5 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Very very beautiful!!! Happy Easter!Maristella.

L. D. said...

That plant seems to always show off such large flowers I am glad the frost was not to hard on it.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

what a beautiful blue. I wish mine would grow so well
Isn't it great to be Springtime yeahhhhh
Janice

Jen said...

Love your words from the Easter bunny. How lucky that the vine came through the tough winter, it is beautiful such lovely large flowers.

Susie said...

Jo, My clematis is loaded with buds...but no blooms yet. I am hoping when the flowering crabapple, weeping cherry and red bud trees lose their blooms the clematis will show us some wonderful blossoms ....just like yours. Happy Easter blessings, xoxo, Susie