*

*

Monday, December 5, 2016

The Scents Of Christmas


🎄

I ventured amongst the masses yesterday, taking myself off to the thronging Christmas shopping mart, I must confess, it's not my cup of tea.

I much prefer the kind of shops that are a 'hole in the wall' kind of place, brimming with antiques and time-worn utilitarian pieces, their finishes worn with years of use and enjoyment.

And so before long, I found myself rambling around my favorite little shop, decorated to the hilt with fresh Cedar boughs, Magnolia branches, and Rose hip berries, mingled together with gingerbread cookie ornaments and hot mulled cider ; the scents intoxicatingly delicious.

This is the magic of Christmas.

11 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm with you. I much prefer small little time-honored stores. I could almost smell the scents of that store you mentioned. It really is the scent of Christmas.

Patsy said...

A Christmas to dream of with all the scents and sweet smells.
Do you think we could add snow?

Deb said...

I agree wholeheartedly.

Betsy Brock said...

Oh yes, I totally agree! :)

Henny Penny said...

I agree too. To enjoy decorating a today, I lit a little Christmas scented candle. That's all it takes.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Yes, indeed, anything to avoid the crowds in the malls! Did you have a successful day shopping? -Jenn

Winifred said...

Definitely. I love the small local shops with hand made stuff. My hate is that awful Christmas music they blare out at you in big shops. I've started moaning to the shop staff, not that they can do much about it.

I'm resorting to online shopping as we've just got back home after 5 weeks away. Also it's time to cut down. Most of us have what we need unlike so many people in the world so buying is just for the sake of it & is a nightmare. I keep trying to get people to stop buying & just focus on the children but not a lot of success. Yet!!!!

Luna Crone said...

Mmmmmm, yesssssss!!!!!

The scents!!!!

Stella Jones said...

I agree with that Jo. I miss the smell of cinnamon brooms over here in England. That's one thing we don't have in abundance like in America.

DJan said...

How lovely. I also am not a fan of the usual stores at this time of year. I love your pictures and the intoxicating smells you describe. :-)

L. D. said...

It is a beautiful time with the smells and sights that belong to Christmas. The white bells are beautiful. I have to get my brass bells out soon. I found them after having them misplace for a few year.