Thursday, November 3, 2016

Still Bloomin'

With milder than normal temperatures, these few early weeks of Autumn, the Morning Glory vines are still blooming their little hearts out.
This Grandpa Ott variety, returns year after year, without any help from the gardener.
The vines wrap their tendrils around the weathered-wood fence, and grace us with beauty, all summer long.

The flowers are a sumptuous Royal Blue trumpet with a contrasting purple star.
A strikingly beautiful combination.
Not quite the Autumn palette, yet nevertheless, we'll enjoy their presence until the first frost of the season, and then it's " show-over ".


 
 


 
 

5 comments:

local alien said...

Beautiful. I haven't seen morning glory in years.

donna baker said...

Jo, I can't believe they retain that glorious color year after year.

Henny Penny said...

I've never seen such magnificent morning glories, even the vines are beautiful. I think it's because they are blooming for you, Jo. You are beautiful and you create beauty.

Dianne said...

Gorgeous! Wow, I haven't seen anything like it. I love how vines wrap around things until you have to try to remove them! Beautiful photographs. Dianne

L. D. said...

The color of these glories is so rich and wonderful to see. I enjoyed my morning glories this year. The buds are magical and the vines are wonderful. Your climate really is great for glories as I will never have that many vines intwined together like that. I have collected a lot of seed getting ready for spring.