*

*

Saturday, October 29, 2016

National Cat Day

My dear blog friend Deb over at Just Cats http://justcats-deb.blogspot.com/, alerted me to the fact that today is National Cat Day.
Most of my readers are aware we have two cats that are a huge part of our family here in Tennessee.
Both cats chose our humble little abode, to call their own, and watching their antics, and sharing our days with these two sweeties, brings many smiles to our faces.
Oliver is the marmalade and white boy, and is approximately seven years old, and then along came Tom-Tilly, a tiny little girl who literally lived beneath my potting shed, and is now two years old.
We originally thought she was a 'he' and we named him Tom-Kitten, you can read about her story here: http://abritintn.blogspot.com/2014/07/tom-kitten.html
We love them both dearly.



16 comments:

donna baker said...

Are they getting along famously now Jo? I have Boo (Teddy's brother) up at the city house with me and he wants to go outside so badly. I am just too afraid he will run off. He was sick and I had to bring him from the farm to the city to medicate him. He'll be glad to get back to the farm.

DJan said...

Happy Cat Day to your precious felines. :-)

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Your cats are gorgeous! A home is complete with a cat. -Jenn

L. D. said...

They both are so beautiful to see. I can see their personalities even while the are standing for a pose. I know they are a lot of comapany.

Betsy Brock said...

They are both adorable. Love their faces! Happy Cat Day!

Deb said...

My, they are gorgeous. Oliver's eyes and Tom-Tilly's whiskers. :) "Happy Cat Day"

Tweedles -- that's me said...

And they are so beautiful!
love
tweedles

Chy said...

Happy National Cat Day to your family and your two sweet cats! X

local alien said...

Gorgeous cats. May they live long and in good health

Kathy said...

Your cats are beautiful! I have had a cat in my house for over 30 years. One at a time mostly for two never seem to get along here. (I've tried twice.) So glad you have your babies. They make life interesting.

Nancy said...

Tom-Tilly! Thank you sharing both of your lovely cats!

Rian said...

Your cats are beautiful. We have 4 inside these days and they are all getting up in age (oldest going on 22). And since we are also getting up in age ourselves, we aren't bringing any more inside. But we do offer our yard and clean water to the outside feral community. I can't imagine a house without a cat...

CecileD said...

I love cats and yours are sooo cute !

Patsy said...

They are much part of our blog-land, happy to see them today.

Dianne said...

Beautiful kitties! I so miss my cat and hope to get another once the remodel is completed. Dianne

Janneke said...

Love to see your two adorable cats! We used to have 5 cats and 1 dog. Now we are cat and dogless. Over the years they died of age and now we are old too, but after travelling I'm almost sure we shall have cats again.