*

*

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Bloom Where You're Planted

Each year we are graced with prolific blooms on the Rose of Sharon ( Hibiscus syriacus ) bushes.
This particular bush was a volunteer, a single seed or two carried by the wind or possibly a bird.
It is also a second generation plant, the original bush belonging to my husband's mother who shared it's propagated beauty from her garden to ours.

Oftentimes they are considered an invasive plant, since they tend to spread so easily, but we enjoy their endless blooms, and tend to agree with the A.A. Milne quote.....
“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”    



 

9 comments:

DJan said...

So beautiful! I love the progression. :-)

Kathy said...

My sister has several rose of sharon bushes and they are beautiful. Love the color of yours.

Kay G. said...

I love the rose of sharon bush, my first name is Sharon so I have always been fond of it, even if it isn't native! :-)

annie said...

Lovely series of photos.
Rose of Sharon brings back memories of my mother's garden.

Henny Penny said...

I do love Rose of Sharon and tried for years to get one to grow. My neighbor brought me cuttings and seeds and even one small plant. None survived. Another neighbor brought me two good size bushes she pulled from her yard. Both are now big and blooming and I have started eighteen Rose of Sharon plants in pots to give away. The pink is so pretty. Ours are white with purple.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

So beautiful!
love
tweedles

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love how the series of photos unfolded...amazing work :)

Betsy Brock said...

How beautiful! I've always admired these but still don't have one of my own!
I especially love the photo of the little bud!

Elizabeth P said...

I just drool over the plants that grace your garden!