*

*

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Make Hay While The Sun Shines

Yesterday one of those summer thunderstorms came out of nowhere. The sky was black as coal, and the winds horrendous. My neighbor's garden shed came barreling through the yard, upside down no-less and finally came to rest at the base of a tree.
I thought the tornado sirens would have sounded, but we never did hear them, and the noise of the wind would have surely drowned them out.
I'm not a fan of this kind of weather.
 
Today the  sunshine has returned, at least for now.


 




Blue skies and sunshine and finally a chance to return to the garden.


 
 

 
 Farmers are trying to get their hay baled.
  Baling wet hay is just asking for trouble.
 
 

 
I'm hoping the garden angel will steer away any further storms.
 




I like to dot solar-powered lights and whimsical pieces between the flowers and plants.
This sweet little bird faucet lights up at night, and looks like bubbling water is flowing from it's spout.
That's all the water we need right now.


10 comments:

rusty duck said...

Goodness Jo, the weather sounds horrendous. Keep safe.

donna baker said...

That does sound like a bad storm Jo, but to tell the truth, I'd love one right now. We are burning up this week and I miss the cooler temps. Especially since I know they are going to stay until September.

Merlesworld said...

Rain everywhere at the moment.
Merle......

Betsy Brock said...

We had a storm like that last night, too! The wind was something else!

I'm loving your little bird faucet...that is adorable!

Patsy said...

We got that late yesterday and with high wind.
Trees down around town and this afternoon some
or still with out power.
Your photo's are so good! I enjoyed them very much.

Henny Penny said...

It is so beautiful there! I love the little bird faucet and can picture how pretty it must look. That storm sounds like the storms that scare me. We had a storm last night too and of course the heavy rain made the Direct TV go out just as a tornado 'warning' for our county flashed across the screen. It never amounted to anything serious but we did get two inches of rain.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I really love your pictures, but am not such a fan of this weather either! Tornado warnings for us tonight -- YOU stay safe too!!

Lois said...

Beautiful photos, scary weather. We are having a dry season so far, and have not had a pop-up storm yet here in Southern Ontario. We love the whimsy of solar lights as well.

DJan said...

How sweet are your pictures. That hay makes me hungry for shredded wheat. :-)

L. D. said...

Yep we had to make hay when it was really dry and no sooner. No mold in our barn in our hay. I like seeing all you things.