*

*

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Returning

Isn't it amazing what difference a few days of warm weather and sunshine can make.
 
 
 
The Perennials are slowly returning, each day another bloom, another color.
The Goldfinches will soon be devouring the seeds of this Tickseed.
It makes happy little birds.


 
 
The feeders empty quickly at this time of the year.
Hungry little birds emerging from a long winter's nap, now busily feathering nests and tending babies.
 
 
 
 


   
 
 
  


 
 
 

 
  
 All of this Spring- color returning to the garden has renewed my spirit. 
 I'm progressing to outpatient physical therapy next week, and the doctor has finally allowed full weight-bearing status on the broken ankle.
Lots of work still to be done, I'm not quite fit to dance an Irish jig yet,  but I'm getting there, encouraged by all of your sweet comments.
Bless You.....
 
 

11 comments:

bayou said...

Good to see you recover in the same way than the outdoors do. Good that you are so patient, it is about time to run around soon again, isn't it? We (both together for the first time in spring) are all hands on right now outside. Big fun! Greetings from Belgium.

rusty duck said...

Keep up the good work Jo, you'll soon be out in the garden again!

donna baker said...

Oh Jo, such good news. Looks beautiful there and your heart must be so full.

Patsy said...

Your spring flowers are inspiring, love the colors.
And very happy to hear your recovery is going so well.

Betsy Brock said...

Everything looks lovely! We're having new blooms pop up everywhere, too!

I love your flowers in the wheelbarrow! Next time I see an old one at the auctions, I'm bringing it home to copy you! :)

Kathy said...

Such beautiful color in your garden. I would love to come visit and just sit there awhile. My friend who had the same break as you did is at the same point as you are in her recovery. So I understand just where you are. Hope you continue healing and are soon up and around.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I love seeing spring in your world, The flowers are magnicent.
love
tweedles

DJan said...

Yay! You are better! And those pictures are just wonderful. I love the picture of Oliver's mug. :-)

Barbara Anne said...

Lovely flowers and bird song must bring joy to your heart as you step carefully on this tender ankle. Hope your strength returns quickly now that you can be up and about.

Be good to you, too. :)

Hugs!

Angela Gabhart said...

Beautiful...your yard and flowers are beautiful! As a Tennessean...I love the iris! Also, I'm still recouping from my total hip reconstruction from this past September. Still can't use a shovel:( , but it will come! Take care and hang in there!!!
And yes, the birds are eating us out of house and home here in Texas!

L. D. said...

Your spring shots are so wonderful. I think I would move to Tennessee just so I could have that kind of garden. Oh Oliver, you are so sleepy today.