*

*

Friday, April 22, 2016

Purple Delight

We had a late freeze this spring, it took it's toll on many tender plants.
I feared the Clematis vine would be one of those struggling to re-coop, and yet to my surprise here she is once again.
Year after year, this sweet little vine graces us with heart-stopping beauty, I can't help but smile each time it catches my eye.

 
 
 

 

 

 

 And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
Rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.

~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant
 
 
 

12 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

Your Clematis is stunning!!!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sarah said...

Beautiful flowers.

Henny Penny said...

It is so pretty! I always wonder how such big beautiful blooms come on such tiny stems and vines, that look so dead all winter. I guess the poem pretty much describes how. Hope you're feeling good Jo.

Denise at Forest Manor said...

I love Clematis vines, and yours is beautiful! I'm glad the cold didn't harm it. :)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Denise

Laura said...

I have never grown clematis. It is beautiful!

I hope you will share this at our Garden Party linky party on Monday, 4/25/16.
Just stop by my blog Monday to join in.
We would love to have you.

Laura
White Spray Paint

donna baker said...

Jo, I do believe you do that (show your clematis) just to make me green with envy. Mine is the same kind but never looks as pretty as yours. It is either the weather or someone has a green thumb. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kathy said...

I love looking at your garden. Such beautiful clematis. I have never tried to grow it. It's not very common around here. Hope you are healing and feeling better each day.

Betsy Brock said...

It's beautiful! Ours is covered in buds...can't wait for it to open!

Patsy said...

Oh! I sure hope you never lose this beautiful
purple clematis.

Susie Swanson said...

That is so gorgeous. We've had some big frosts her also and I'm surprised that some things are doing so well. Happy Spring. xo

Deanna said...

So very gorgeous! A true beauty.

L. D. said...

It has proven itself to be the number one best of clematis. It is always so beautiful.