*

*

Monday, March 28, 2016

Rabbit Tails

We've noticed an abundance of wild rabbits hopping around the garden this Spring.
Some years they are a scarcity, but this year we seem to be sharing our plot with mama and baby rabbits galore.
Of course there's a daddy rabbit somewhere close by, but he seems to be a travelling man.



 
'Once upon a time there were four little rabbits and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter.
They lived with their mother in a sandbank, underneath the root of a very big fir tree.'

~ Beatrix Potter :The Tale of Peter Rabbit

9 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

I bet they are so fun to watch. And just in time for Easter!

Country Gal said...

How cute ! Oh my mum used to tell us that story to. Glad your home now . Thanks for sharing have a good day !

Deb said...

I'm enjoying bunnies this spring, too. Two, so far. They eat at our bird feeders. :) Hope you are healing well, Jo.

Michael said...

Mary (http://abreathoffreshair-mary.blogspot.com), another blogger ex-pat also noted that. Hmm...many they are breeding more like rabbits over there along the Eastern seaboard and such. :) Love photo, Jo.

ann said...

Here they live underneath the chicken house and in the neighbor's windbreak. I love watching the cottontails hop about. They have to have a lot of hiding placing to get away from our dog. Mostly they can outrun him. Hope you are well.

Patsy said...

At Our new home we never see a Rabbit or a squirrel. SAD!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I love bunnys,, and all bunny storys!
I bet those bunnys have been getting into your carrot garden.
love
tweedles

Henny Penny said...

We used to have lots of wild rabbits around. I hadn't thought about until now, but I have not seen even one wild rabbit in months now. I just love bunnies.

deb said...

we have so many in our garden too ~ love them!