*

*

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

An Iris Blessing


Springtime in Tennessee
Our Iris have finally made an appearance.
 



The Tennessee State Flower


May your blooms be floriferous and in good form,
Distinctive, with good substance, flare, and airborne,
With standards and falls that endure, never torn.
May you display many buds and blooms sublime,
In graceful proportion on strong stalks each day,
Gently floating above the fans and the fray.
May you too reach toward the moon and stars,
Bloom after bloom, many seasons in the sun,
Enjoying your life, health, and each loved one,
Until your 'living days are artfully done.

~ Georgia Gudykunst

 

12 comments:

Joyful said...

Beautiful! Happy Spring.

DJan said...

Just wonderful! And gorgeous. :-)

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Beautiful Spring motive !

Stella Jones said...

Don't they just look so splendid! and the Tennessee State flower too, I think! They don't do so well over here in my English garden. I don't know why. I've tried yellow ones and blue but they just don't like it here. Woe is me. Must try again!!

Nellie said...

They are absolutely gorgeous, Jo! Enjoy!

Patsy said...

I just love iris so sad they don't bloom all summer.

Pat said...

Planted mine last month. They are coming up but I don't guess that will bloom until next year. We'll see. Iris - my favorite garden flower.

Betsy Brock said...

That is a gorgeous variety...like velvet!

I planted one last fall...a blue one in my blue garden. It has just sprouted a tiny bud....can't wait to see it!

Susie said...

Jo, My mom would be loving that iris. She love lilacs and irises the best. Hope your weather is not hot, like ours. I think 85 is too hot for May. Blessings for a great weekend and Wonderful Mother's Day. xoxo,Susie

Henny Penny said...

Your Iris are beautiful! I did not know that Iris is the Tennessee state flower. Happy Mother's Day Jo.

Beth P said...

Simply beautiful! I can't wait until our little patch of iris bloom... we have a while to wait up here in New Hampshire.

We also don't get our lightning bugs until much later... I love watching the unique little dances they do through the night sky!

I want you to know I gained weight just looking at that strawberry pie! Yumm, :D
Hugs from your friend from up north
(only in body, in spirit I'm still a Georgia born girl living a misplaced life in New England, lol!)

L. D. said...

This is such a beautiful iris. I like them all.