Thursday, April 10, 2014

Memories

I've been on a roll with my Spring cleaning.
Fluffing, and polishing and organizing.
 
 
 
 
Trouble is, I seem to flit from room to room, and never really complete an entire project, before getting sidetracked with something else.
 
 


Such was the case the other evening.
I started off organizing my office cupboard, and discovered a box of photographs that I hadn't looked at in a long time.
Grandchildren from birth onward, through school days, and lazy afternoons spent at the park,  now young adults moving busily along with their own lives.
All those celebrations of birthdays, and Christmases, and planting times in the garden, with their little shovels and rakes.
I allowed myself to become completely absorbed in a time-warp.

Happy times, that hold so many sweet memories.
Where do the years go.

11 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Sweet memories indeed!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A lovely posts Jo. I don't know where the years go either, but it's wonderful to have the photos and memories of them.

Nellie said...

I have the same question! How does time pass so quickly when some of the days seem endless?

I, too, flit from project to project, sometimes without having a sense of accomplishing very much. I'm hoping that is normal.:)

donna baker said...

Jo, it must have something to do with all our accumulated wisdom. Can't stay on task, oh well. We find something else to do. Love your office cupboard.

Andrea said...

I get sooooooo side tracked too! I have to put blinders on & just stick with one room until it's completely done, before moving on to the next. This week it's my bedroom. Tomorrow it will be completed but now the rest of the house is in dire need! *haha* Plus I've been trying to do some outside chores as well. I keep telling the crew (aka: my family) that I'm only one person & an old person at that!! :-D There's only so much energy in this body before it cries "I'm DONE for the day!!!".

Happy spring cleaning!!

~Andrea
XOXOXO

Jill of All Trades said...

I tend to do that too when I find the photos. Awww sweet memories.

DJan said...

I have boxes of pictures like that. Nowadays they are all on my computer, so there aren't times when I get distracted by recent pictures. I could spend days looking at old photographs. :-)

Patsy said...

I am the same way--- I need to get my photo's organize, did get my pantry in order yesterday.

L. D. said...

I don't like not being able to finish a job but I just keep on it trying to bring things back to clean and dust free. Winter is over now so it is time to get organizes.

Kat Zammit said...

Lovely photos! In what part of Tennessee are you?
As for Brits in TN, do you know about David Haskell & Sarah Vance, also expat Brits, who grace our community in Sewanee, TN. David is a biology prof. who just won a Guggenheim, and Sarah is the "Goat Barn Mistress" who makes wonderful cheeses and soaps. If you haven't visited Sewanee, you really should.
Katherine

Kathy said...

You sound like me... the living room, oh, that goes in the kitchen. Now I'm in the kitchen and find something to take upstairs. All these half-finished projects that I absolutely MUST finish.

Yes, where does the time go. And the years.